Further to my blog last week, I wanted to share with you some ways you can Pay it Forward. Some of these are so easy and take no time at all but could make all the difference to someone’s life.
Top 50 Easy pay it forward opportunities, today.
1. Pay it Backward: buy coffee for the person behind you in line.
2. Compliment the first three people you talk to today.
3. Send a positive text message to five different people right now.
4. Post inspirational sticky notes around your neighbourhood, office, school, etc.
5. Tell someone they dropped a pound/dollar (even though they didn’t). Then give it to them.
6. Donate old towels or blankets to an animal shelter.
7. Say hi to the person next to you in the elevator.
8. Surprise a neighbour with freshly baked cookies or treats!
9. Let someone go in front of you in line at the supermarket who only has a few items.
10. Leave a gas gift card at a gas pump.
11. Throw a party to celebrate someone just for being who they are, which is awesome.
12. Do you have a LinkedIn account? Write a recommendation for co-worker or connection.
13. Give a smile and money to 3 homeless people in your town.
14. Encounter someone in customer service who is especially kind? Take an extra five minutes to tell their manager.
15. Visit a shelter and ask to help for the day.
16. Leave a note on someone’s car telling them how awesome they parked.
17. Try to make sure every person in a group conversation feels included.
18. Write a kind message on your mirror with a dry erase marker for yourself, your significant other or a family member.
19. Place positive body image notes in jean pockets at a department store.
20. Smile at five strangers.
21. Set an alarm on your phone to go off at three different times during the day. In those moments, do something kind for someone else.
22. Send a gratitude email to a co-worker who deserves more recognition.
23. Practice self-kindness and spend 30 minutes doing something you love today.
24. Give away stuff for free on Craig’s List, or donate to a charity shop.
25. Write a gratitude list in the morning and again in the evening.
26. Know parents who could use a night out? Offer to babysit for free.
27. Give positive affirmations to strangers on your journey.
28. Return shopping trolleys for people at the grocery store.
29. Buy a plant. Put it in a terracotta pot. Write positive words that describe a friend on the pot. Give it to that friend!
30. Write a positive comment on your favourite blog, website, or a friend’s social media account.
31. Have a clean-up party at a beach or park, or for an elderly neighbour.
32. While you’re out, compliment a parent on how well-behaved their child is.
33. Leave a kind waiter the biggest tip you can afford.
34. When you’re throwing something away on the street, pick up any litter around you and put that in the trash too.
35. Pay the bill for the person behind you at the supermarket.
36. Put 50 paper hearts in a box. On each cut out write something that is special about your partner or a friend. Give them the box and tell them to pull out a heart anytime they need a pick-me-up.
37. Everyone is important. Learn the names of your office security guard, the person at the front desk and other people you see every day. Greet them by name. Also say “hello” to strangers and smile. These acts of kindness are so easy, and they almost always make people smile.
38. Write your partner a list of things you love about them.
39. Purchase extra dog or cat food and bring it to an animal shelter.
40. Find opportunities to give compliments. It costs nothing, takes no time, and could make someone’s entire day. Don’t just think it. Say it.
41. Take flowers or treats to the nurses’ station at your nearest hospital.
42. Keep an extra umbrella at work, so you can lend it out when it rains.
43. Send a ‘Thank you’ card or note to the officers at your local police or fire station.
44. Take muffins or cookies to your local librarians.
45. Run an errand for a family member who is busy.
46. Leave a box of goodies in your mailbox for your post man.
47. Tape coins around a playground for kids to find.
48. Put your phone away while in the company of others.
49. Email or write to a former teacher who made a difference in your life.
50. Be good to you with positive inner thoughts.
Here’s a reminder of the challenge I set to you. Please continue to send in your experiences for a chance to win.
3 GREAT PRIZES – Just for ‘Paying it Forward’
Here at DailyStandards™ we would love to hear your stories upon taking this challenge:
What did you do?
How did you feel?
Email us about your November Challenge experience to firstname.lastname@example.org We will send a FREE copy of my Hay House book ‘The 10-Second Philosophy®’ and a copy of the ‘Pay it Forward’ movie (on DVD) to a person chosen by you, for the best 3 stories/experiences shared.
P.S. If you have any questions you want answering, any challenges you’re facing, or any topic you’d like me to blog about, send me your thoughts to email@example.com or comment on my facebook page.